SHAPE is a real estate investment, development and management company leading some of the largest and most exciting projects in North America including The Amazing Brentwood and The City of Lougheed in Metro Vancouver. With more than 370 acres in our growing portfolio, SHAPE manages +2.7M sq.ft. of commercial space with +3.5M sq.ft. of commercial and residential space under construction.
Through our fully integrated platform, SHAPE specializes in complete neighbourhoods with a top-caliber mix of shops, restaurants, residences, entertainment and a complete range of daily services connected to transit. With a thoughtful approach and continuous pursuit of innovation, we think differently to ensure our real estate projects are relevant and dominant for the future.
To succeed in the role, the candidate must be self-motivated, ambitious, organized, and have strong time management and communication skills. We are looking for a candidate who can drive multiple tasks with competing priorities. We strive to provide a collaborative environment where each employee is encouraged to contribute to our process, discussions, planning and culture.
Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Development Manager, will support the Shape Living department in all aspects of managing the residential projects in SHAPE’s portfolio. SHAPE Living manages the development of residential real estate within mixed-use, transit oriented communities.
Primary Job Duties:
- Contribute as part of the management team that is responsible for the residential development program, ensuring effective coordination and communication with other department teams.
- Collaborate with internal and external designers to innovate, design and build well thought out homes including optimizing suite layouts, creating project finishes budgets, etc.
- Seek input from other department teams such as sales and marketing, finance, property management, construction and interior design.
- Create, monitor and continually improve the residential experience and program including specifications, amenity spaces, storage and parking solutions, etc.
- Create, monitor and present project statistics relating to building areas, suite statistics, parking ratios, etc.
- Work with the sales and marketing department to stay up to date with market trends and new home offerings.
- Manage and coordinate the legal aspects associated with residential development including: air space parcels, strata plans, strata budgets, housing agreements, easements and/or right of ways, etc.
- Collaborate with the property management team on project operations including: strata management, budgeting, building systems, etc.
- Manage the development and liaise with the construction department on the renovation and/or construction of sales centres
- Filing and drawings organization
- Other duties as assigned
Supervisory responsibilities may include:
- Maintain an effective communication with all departments
- Foster a team environment of continuous improvement of best practices
- Identify areas of process improvement and create efficiencies within the role
- Brand ambassador; building and maintaining positive consultant relationships while managing owner expectations
Required Training and Experience:
- Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant real estate development experience with a focus on residential multi-family project is an asset
- Minimum undergraduate degree in Commerce/Business, Urban Land Economics, Architecture, Planning/Design or Engineering or similar
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to collaborate well in a team environment to problem solve, meet timelines and maintain budgets
- Possess an understanding of municipal processes and development guidelines and policies
- Excellent organization, time management and prioritization skills to balance competing priorities with the ability to multi-task
- Business professional that works efficiently and effectively under pressure & in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to foster relationships with teammates, consultants, municipal staff and the public.
- Hard working, self-starter with a can-do attitude
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Office applications
- Strong business acumen is an asset