SHAPE is the real estate investment, development and management company leading some of the largest and most exciting projects in North America including The Amazing Brentwood and The City of Lougheed in Metro Vancouver. With more than 370 acres in our growing portfolio, SHAPE manages +2.7M sq.ft of commercial space with +3.5M sq.ft. of commercial and residential space under construction.
Through our fully integrated platform, SHAPE specializes in complete neighbourhoods with a top-calibre mix of shops, restaurants, residences, entertainment and a complete range of daily services with transit connected. With a thoughtful approach and continuous pursuit of innovation, we think differently to ensure our projects are relevant and dominant for the future of real estate.
To succeed in the role, the candidate must be self-motivated, ambitious, organized, have strong time management and communication skills and a high level of common sense. We are looking for a candidate who can drive multiple tasks with competing priorities. We strive to provide a collaborative environment where each employee is encouraged to contribute to our process, discussions, planning and culture.
Reporting to the Vice President of Leasing, the Leasing Coordinator will act as the liaison between internal departments and assist with the organization and management of the leasing team.
Primary Job Duties:
- Prepare, analyze , revise and process various internal and external lease documents
- Track leasing documents (Assignments, Subleases, Offers, LOI’s, Leases, NDA’s, GSA’s, Deposits), obtaining Landlord signatures and/or obtain Tenant Signatures, filing in tenant files or on company network
- Enter, maintain and update lease information, lease abstracts , subject conditions and deal flow list
- Thorough working knowledge and the ability to understand and interpret legal documents including lease agreements, amendments, assignments, etc.
- Read and write lease clauses, LOI’s/OTLs for reps if needed, draft quarterly reports, work with InDesign on LOD’s (basic work in CAD an asset) while using terminology within the real estate industry
- Review lease documentation prior to execution to ensure accuracy and consistency with internal deal approval standards and procedures
- Assisting the leasing team with the acquisitions and dispositions of properties as it relates to tenant leases which may include compiling and summarizing leases and related documents as part of due diligence
- Direct point of contact with internal and external inquiries
- Marketing: relay leasing needs, coordinate and support marketing campaigns and initiatives, monitor updates to App and Website.
- Coordinate all logistics for individual or team travel (flights, car rentals, hotel bookings, restaurant reservations, etc.) including ICSC shows (Toronto, Whistler, Montreal, Las Vegas)
- Provide necessary P.O.’s for spending and reconcile monthly expenses
- Minutes: prepare minutes for bi-weekly meetings
- Identify areas of process improvement and create efficiencies within the role
Required Training and Experience:
- 1-2 years previous experience as a Leasing Coordinator or similar E.A. type role
- University or post-secondary education
- High levels of competency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Adobe and Microsoft Excel (CAD and/or InDesign experience an asset)
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while utilizing multitasking skills
- Team oriented, motivated, and collaborative with proven results
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills
- Takes personal ownership and ability to work independently
- Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility
- Proactive, conscientious and reliable
- Uncompromised ethics and integrity
- Displays service excellence in dealing with internal and external clients and partners
- Ability to critically think and provide an informed opinion on projects, process and market conditions