Office Administrative Assistant
Formed in 2005, Shape Properties Corp. has become one of the most active fully integrated real estate companies in Canada. With its most recent acquisitions and world class vision Shape is leading some of the largest and most exciting projects currently underway in North America. Driven by the philosophy of creating a dramatically different offering, along with their commitment and passion for client satisfaction, Shape is elevating standards in the commercial real estate sector.
Shape brings together a young and dynamic group of individuals with significant real estate experience and a track record of success. The unique combination of experience and vision brought together by the members of Shape have enabled it to capitalize on emerging opportunities for real estate investment; quickly becoming one of British Columbia’s leading commercial real estate companies with a portfolio of ten major properties to date that total approximately 2.6 million square feet on 295 Acres.
To succeed in the role, the candidate must be self-motivated with a positive and pleasant demeanor, ambitious, organized, and have strong time management skills. We are looking for a candidate who can drive multiple tasks with competing priorities. We strive to provide a collaborative environment where each employee is encouraged to contribute to our process, discussions, planning and culture. Prior administrative experience is an asset. High school education is mandatory, but a post-secondary diploma or certificate is an asset.
Reporting to the Office + Human Resources Manager, the successful candidate will fill the position of Office Administrative Assistant.
Primary Job Duties:
- Filing: organize and maintain filing system.
- Answer and direct main reception calls and company email inbox, coordinate courier services.
- Corporate Spending: Ensure invoices for all corporate spending are accounted for and presented to Accounting on a monthly basis. Provide necessary P.O.’s for spending. Calculate expenses for the company, office, or other team members who need assistance.
- Office: Work to maintain and organize boardrooms, kitchens and supply room. Order inventory and supplies on a monthly basis.
- Document preparation: drafting letters, updating budgets, meeting minutes, and updating standard operating procedures
- Meetings: coordinate and schedule meetings and boardrooms. Order and organize lunches when necessary.
- Events: Assist in booking and organizing corporate events and outings
- Travel: Assist in booking flights, accommodation, and transportation rental when needed. Organize itineraries for partners and executives. Track and utilize existing loyalty programs. May also be required to travel to various SHAPE sites from time to time.
- IT: Assist with updating and record keeping of IT equipment, email archiving, server maintenance, and data storage while communicating with third party IT Company. Manage mobility needs, such as phone plans, warranties, and new devices.
- Assist HR Manager with benefit reconciliation, onboarding processes, updating, creating, and implementing HR policies, and internal corporate recruitment processes.
- First Point of contact for other internal departments.