Project Assistant, Interior Design
SHAPE is the real estate investment, development and management company leading some of the largest and most exciting projects in North America including The Amazing Brentwood and The City of Lougheed in Metro Vancouver. With more than 370 acres in our growing portfolio, SHAPE manages +2.7M sq.ft of commercial space with +3.5M sq.ft. of commercial and residential space under construction.
Through our fully integrated platform, SHAPE specializes in complete neighbourhoods with a top-calibre mix of shops, restaurants, residences, entertainment and a complete range of daily services with transit connected. With a thoughtful approach and continuous pursuit of innovation, we think differently to ensure our projects are relevant and dominant for the future of real estate.
To succeed in the role, the candidate must be self-motivated, ambitious, organized, and have strong time management skills. We are looking for a candidate who can drive multiple tasks with competing priorities. We strive to provide a collaborative environment where each employee is encouraged to contribute to our process, discussions, planning and culture.
Reporting to the Interior Design Manager, the successful candidate will fill the position of Project Assistant, Interior Design.
Primary Job Duties:
- On-site coordination such as but not limited to: receiving FFE shipments, providing guidance for trades during installation times, and working with our operations team
- Ensure sales centres are kept in good condition by performing monthly check-ups, record-keeping of deficiencies, coordinating updates or repair work.
- Assist with floorplan reviews as required
- Assist with residential suite data mining using suite matrices and analysis of suite, kitchen and bath counts and types, etc.
- Product, vendor, and pricing research
- Put together presentations and graphics as required
- Keep materials library organized and clean, set up supplier meetings, and keep samples up-to-date in conjunction with architectural librarian. Coordinate sample receiving and shipments.
- Assist with competitive market analysis as it pertains to interior design
- Administrative duties such as filing management, ordering drawings, etc.
Required Training and Experience:
- Possesses 2-3 years of project assistance in a design, marketing or other related creative field
- Can read (or learn to read) basic floorplans and construction drawings
- Ability to use or willingness to learn basic AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Valid BC driver’s license required to drive to project sites in the greater Vancouver area
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Superior communications skills
- Demonstrated effective project coordination experience
- Highly organized, efficient with time-use, and deadline driven
- Is a team player and happy to “pitch in” under all circumstances
- Has an interest in real estate design and development and is a keen learner