Senior Accountant, Income Producing Properties (IPP)
SHAPE is the real estate investment, development and management company leading some of the largest and most exciting projects in North America including The Amazing Brentwood and The City of Lougheed in Metro Vancouver. With more than 370 acres in our growing portfolio, SHAPE manages +2.7M sq.ft of commercial space with +3.5M sq.ft. of commercial and residential space under construction.
Through our fully integrated platform, SHAPE specializes in complete neighbourhoods with a top-calibre mix of shops, restaurants, residences, entertainment and a complete range of daily services with transit connected. With a thoughtful approach and continuous pursuit of innovation, we think differently to ensure our projects are relevant and dominant for the future of real estate.
SHAPE is currently seeking a new Senior Accountant, Income Producing Properties (IPP) with relevant technical accounting and financial reporting experience. We are looking for candidates interested in either a permanent position or a 15-month maternity leave contract for this role. We strive to provide a collaborative environment where each employee is encouraged to contribute to our process, discussions, planning and culture.
To succeed in the role, the candidate must be bright, hard-working, professional, confident, and dynamic. The new Senior Accountant will be someone with strong attention to details and the ability to handle a variety of competing tasks. As the role is dynamic, the ideal candidate should be flexible and adaptable to changes in a growing environment. There is also a heavy emphasis on communication and relationship building with business partners, vendors, and other stakeholders.
Primary Job Duties:
- Execution of year-end audits and all reporting deliverables; key contact for external auditors and business partners
- Preparation of audit support, year-end consolidated working papers, and financial statements
- Preparation, coordination and execution of monthly consolidated working papers, cash flow forecasts, and quarterly reporting packages
- Execution of IPP appraisals; key contact for appraisers
- Preparation of monthly partner cash calls and distributions, bank transfers, and coordination & reconciliation of payables
- Communication and liaison with business partners, legal counsel and banks as key point of contact for all applicable entities, including such matters as common share and partnership unit issuance, new entity set-up, entity dissolution, share registry information and annual reporting compliance
- Supporting the lease approval process
- Review and execution of annual tax returns prepared by external tax accountants; key contact for external tax accountants
- Other scheduled and ad hoc responsibilities as directed by senior leadership
Required Training and Experience:
- CPA Designation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Finance
- 4+ years of progressive accounting work experience in public practice and/or industry
- Experience in real estate development and/or construction industry is preferred; enthusiasm and genuine passion for real estate is required
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Strong technical accounting skills, with proficiency in IFRS
- Strong interpersonal, written & oral communication skills are paramount in this role
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Outlook, Microsoft Excel and Word; Yardi experience is a definite asset
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while utilizing multitasking skills
- Team oriented, motivated, and collaborative with proven results